BD® Alaris® 8220 Masimo SPO2 Module, Recertified
Alaris Masimo SPO2 Module
Pulse Oximetry Monitoring for all IV Infusions
The Alaris® Masimo SpO2 Module from CareFusion provides continuous, non-invasive monitoring of blood oxygen levels and pulse rates in adult, pediatric and neonatal patients. With a common user interface that reduces training time and programming complexity for your clinicians and biomed technicians, the Alaris SpO2 module provides a vital infusion safeguard with the Guardrails® Suite MX software. This safety software includes customizable alarm limits by care area and trending data alongside PCA dosing data.
Two different SpO2 modules are compatible with the Alaris® System:
- The Alaris® SpO2 module with Nellcor® OxiMax™ technology (Model 8210)
- The Alaris® SpO2 module with Masimo® SET technology (Model 8220)
Both models are indicated for use with adult, pediatric, and neonatal patients and are contraindicated for use as an apnea monitor. The majority of the programming is identical for both models. Refer to the Alaris® SpO2 module Directions for Use. If a procedure applies to a specific model, the model number will be referenced.
The CareFusion Difference
- Safety throughout the duration of infusion therapy
- Provides the unique ability to automatically pause a PCA infusion and deactivate the patient dose request cord if a patient falls below your hospital-defined % SpO2 limits when used with the Alaris® PCA module
- Supports current ASA and APSF standards mandating monitoring of oxygenation for all appropriate patients