MAD Nasal™ Intranasal Mucosal Atomization Device without Syringe (ea)
No Needle, No Shot, No Pain!
The MAD Nasal™ Intranasal Mucosal Atomization Device from Teleflex is the safe and painless way to deliver medications.
- Atomizes in any position
- The soft, conical plug on the tip forms a seal with the nostril, preventing expulsion of fluid
- The spray atomizes drugs into a fine mist of particles 30-100 microns in size
Fast, Effective and painless treatment for:
- Acute Pain
- Sickle cell crisis
- Sedation and Anxiolysis
- Seizures and Opiate Overdose
Reduce pain and bleeding associated with: nasal and oral instrumentation and nasogastric tube placement. Atomized nasal medications absorb directly into blood stream, avoiding first-pass metabolism. Atomized nasal medications absorb directly into the brain and CSF via olfactory mucosa to nose-brain pathway. Achieves medication levels comparable to injections. Exact dosing, exact volume. Titratable to effect (repeat if needed). Atomizes in any position! Atomized particles are optimal size for deposition across broad area of mucosa. Nasal drug administration is quick and easy. No sterile technique is required. Eliminate IV set-up time. Extensive literature supports the clinical effectiveness of medication delivered via the MAD Nasal.
- Typical Particle Size: 30-100 Microns
- System dead space: 0.13mL MAD100/0.07mL MAD300
- Tip Diameter: 0.17 inches (4.3mm)
- Applicator lengeth (MAD300) L 1.65 inches (4.2cm)