Huntleigh Flowtron Universal AC600, Recertified
The Huntleigh Flowtron® Universal AC600 SCD was designed with flexibility and simplicity in mind. The FLOWTRON® Universal Intermittent Pneumatic Compression System provides clinically effective, non-invasive mechanical compression for the prophylaxis of Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT).
Its simple three-in-one design provides the clinician with a choice of foot, calf or thigh compression from a single pump. By providing compression to a limb, the FLOWTRON Universal System helps prevent thrombus formation by increasing blood
velocity in the deep veins, reducing stasis1 and stimulating fibrinolysis2 – the body’s natural method of preventing and breaking down clots.
Intermittent Pneumatic Compression (IPC) has additional clinical benefits and has been shown to reduce edema and post-operative pain, enhance circulation, assist in wound healing, provide a drier post-operative field and reduce wound hematoma3, 4.
Intelligent Prevention of DVT
- Unique SMARTSENSE™ Garment Recognition System allows the pump to automatically identify the type of garments attached and adjusts the therapy cycle accordingly, ensuring optimal prophylaxis is achieved every time
- State of the art pump technology recognizes when one garment only has been attached and allows for single garment use
- Intelligent audio and visual alarm features identify true alarm conditions and minimize disruption to the patient and clinician
- Continuous real-time monitoring ensures the system delivers optimal therapy conditions even with variations in set up, garment application and patient movement
Simple to use system
- Straight forward, simple to use pump design and automatic setting of controls reduces nurse training time and ensures trouble-free use
- Highly visible power and alarm indicators, and readily identifiable garments, allow for quick
- checking and ensure compliance with the patient’s prescribed method of DVT prophylaxis
- Integral anti-kink tubing means application of the system is quick and set up is easy
- Clear and informative LCD display provides instant feedback to the user and allows fast and accurate
- Troubleshooting DVT prophylaxis anytime, anywhere
- Optional battery pack allows the pump to be used independent of an AC power outlet and enables uninterrupted therapy even when an electrical supply is not available
- Lightweight pump design and integrated bed mount promote safe handling and convenient placement on the bed, table, or stretcher Flexibility to meet your therapy needs
- A full range of universal fit garments are available offering the flexibility of foot, calf or thigh compression from a single pump, reducing set up time and assisting with efficient materials management
- Easy to apply, breathable fabric garments, with hook and loop closures, ensure a snug fit and simple adjustment to different limb shapes • Adjustable alarm volume control offers the flexibility to vary the alarm volume according to the clinical setting Throughout the day… throughout the night… throughout the world™ Clinical studies utilizing the Huntleigh FLOWTRON System for DVT prophylaxis have consistently yielded DVT rates less than 4% in high-risk patient populations, while achieving high nurse and patient satisfaction.